Centro Relojero Pedro Izquierdo

"patina" for the Submariner hands

jean-michel

My submariner 16800 had a complete new hand set : with luminova compound ... the big problem to my eues was that the color was not matching with the patina of the dial

so I decided to make my own "patina" on the hands : this was done with strong tea applied with a modeler's bruch

here is the result :

16800patin11.jpg

16800patin10.jpg

16800patin9.jpg

16800patin8.jpg

16800patin7.jpg

a chalenging task but I am happy with the result

Retina

Maestro Fotógrafo
I think the result is compelling.
Congrats, it has great looks.:great::great::great:

Rnublo

Don´t get any Tritium hand set? but maybe has same problem not match with your current dial.
The result is very accurate and the difference of colour is minimal.

What Tea are you use?

Thanks for sharing.

enay

Moderador
Great idea, and great result. :great::great:

A little, little bit of paprika, should be a similar result.

Congratulations

jean-michel

Don´t get any Tritium hand set? but maybe has same problem not match with your current dial.
The result is very accurate and the difference of colour is minimal.

What Tea are you use?

Thanks for sharing.

Yes finding tritium hand set is a real problem and the color may not match so that is why I have decided to do that myself
the tea I am using is the basic "Lipton Yellow"

Rnublo

you can read the full story in French on my dive watch forum : http://forum-mdp.com

I am speaking about this in the following duscussion :

http://www.forum-mdp.com/montres-de-plongee-dive-watches-f1/je-suis-fou-the-inside-t16429.htm

Each time i see more Rolex patina effect get in the kitchen. I alredy read put the dial in the oven for get a chocolate look. After put the insert in the oven for get a chocolate look, or put the insert in bleach for faded. But now i can add other kitchen tip for Rolex patina or Rolex aging, the Tea.

Thanks JM i try to read your post .... maybe with some google translator help.

Cada vez he visto se emplean más trucos para conseguir la patina en los Rolex en la cocina. Hace tiempo leí que horneaban los diales para conseguir que se quedarán color chocolate (tropic dial), también hacían lo mismo con los biseles. También para decolorar los biseles usan baños en lejia. Y ahora con esto puedo añadir que el té, se convierte en otro truco para conseguir patina o avejentar nuestros Rolex.