Centro Relojero Pedro Izquierdo

a big diver with a big story

jean-michel

I am happy to present you my last diver : a Seiko 7549-7009

wesly01.jpg

wesly02.jpg

wesly03.jpg

wesly04.jpg

but this one is VERY special : I bought it to Claude Wesly : Mr Wesly is the very fist man to spend more than a day under water with Albert Falco in 1962 during the Cousteau Experiment "Precontinent I" , Mr Wesly also participate to the "Precontinent II" Experiment in Red sea (1964)

Mr Wesly was also a diver of the famous Comex and dive up to 120 meters during different test dives

totalizing more than 10.000 dives he is a real myth of diving

you can see on the pic Mr Wesly discussing with myself

wesly.jpg

on watch topics of course !

Mr Wesly is now aged of 81years and is still diving !

a little word on the Seiko 7549-7009 : introduced in 1978 it is the firt quartz dive watch. a specific movement "high torque" has been designed for it
the "gold" coating is in fact Titanium Nitide : a very hard layer to protect the watch against scatches : you can see that this is very efficient knowing this watch story

I hope you enjoyed it
cheers
JM

Claudio

Baneado
A nice history of a wonderful watch. I am charmed with knowing, in addition, my namesakes with this sports spirit.
Gracias, Jean Michel.
Claudio.

Rnublo

Wow thanks for sharing. A great watch that comes from comes from someone special.

And a awesome pictures of the watches. Sometimes i want to buy these Seiko model. I don´t like gold watches, but the combination gold, PVD and rubber like a lot.

pati

A mi lo que más me gusta de esta señor, son sus fotografías. Espectaculares...

Txewe

Una bonita historia para un bonito reloj y con unas fotografias de escandalao,....para variar....gracias:great:

arrenegado

Having belonged to this gentleman has no price, good piece enjoy it my friend.

Talking watches and diving with a diver that caliber is always a pleasure and an honor.

Regards

J Vargas